Auto Insurance in Fort Worth, TX
Auto insurance is a layer of financial protection against property, liability and medical costs following an accident or other covered incident. In Texas, drivers are required to carry minimum amounts and types of auto insurance. The team at Cornerstone Insurance Agency can help you get a policy that satisfies the minimum auto insurance requirements in Texas and provides you with proper protection—all at a price you can afford.
Call us or use our instant rater tool to get a no-obligation, free quote today!
What Does Auto Insurance Cover?
What’s covered under an auto insurance policy is largely dependent on the coverages that you’ve chosen to add to your policy. At Cornerstone Insurance Agency, we’re proud to offer a wide variety of auto coverage options that may be available to you. Learn more about some of the most common below:
- Collision coverage—This type of coverage helps pay for repairing or replacing your vehicle if it’s damaged in a collision.
- Liability coverage—If you are at fault in a wreck, this type of coverage helps insure you against any damage you cause others. Most states, including Texas, require drivers to carry minimum amounts of liability insurance. There are two kinds of coverage included in liability insurance:
- Property damage liability—This coverage helps pay for damage to the other driver’s property (e.g., their car).
- Bodily injury liability—This coverage helps pay for medical bills and sometimes death benefits for the other person involved in the wreck.
- Medical payments (MedPay) coverage—This type of coverage helps you pay for the medical bills of you and your passengers if you are involved in an accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage—This type of coverage helps cover the cost of medical expenses incurred by you and any passengers if you’re involved in an accident, regardless of fault, but it can also provide coverage for lost wages. All Texas auto insurance policies come with this coverage unless you tell us in writing that you don’t want it on your policy.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage—This type of coverage helps you cover the cost of damages caused by someone who doesn’t have adequate auto insurance, specifically liability coverage. We’re required to offer you this type of coverage, but if you don’t want it, you can notify us of your preferences in writing.
- Comprehensive coverage—This type of coverage helps repair or replace your vehicle due to damages that are not related to a wreck, such as theft, weather damage or vandalism.
There may be additional coverages that will be necessary based on your unique situation. For example, if you have a classic or collector’s car, we can help you secure a classic car insurance policy. Or, maybe you want to add roadside assistance or glass coverage to your policy. Be sure to ask our agency how we can tailor your auto coverage to your needs.
How Much Is Auto Insurance?
The total cost of an auto insurance policy will vary greatly depending on your age, past driving history, the type of car you have, your location, and the coverage you’ve chosen. Work with a Cornerstone Independent Insurance Agency LLC agent to find out what auto insurance may cost you.
How Much Auto Insurance Do I Need?
Understanding how much auto insurance you need can be difficult. That’s why we’re here to help. Cornerstone Independent Insurance Agency LLC can help you navigate your auto insurance needs and ensure that your policy is compliant with Texas auto insurance laws.
How to Get Auto Insurance
Cornerstone Independent Insurance Agency LLC is committed to helping you find a policy to fit your specific needs. Reach out to us today to start the conversation or to get a quote.