Homeowners Insurance in Fort Worth, TX
A standard homeowners insurance policy helps protect the home itself, the items inside and the homeowner themselves. By having homeowners insurance, you can help protect yourself financially after an accident or other covered event.
What Does Home Insurance Cover?
A standard home insurance policy includes the following four essential types of coverage:
- Coverage for the structure of the home—This part of a policy helps pay to make repairs or rebuild if your house is damaged or destroyed by a covered incident. There are also coverage options available for other structures on your property.
- Coverage for personal belongings—This part of a homeowners policy will help pay to replace personal items, such as furniture, clothing, electronics and sports equipment damaged by a covered incident.
- Liability protections—Liability coverage helps protect against lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage that the policyholder causes to a third party.
- Additional living expenses—This part of a homeowners insurance policy will help cover additional living costs if the policyholder’s house becomes uninhabitable due to an insured disaster.
How Much Is Home Insurance?
The cost of home insurance depends on various factors unique to you such as the following:
- The amount it would cost to rebuild your home
- The value of your personal belongings
- The value of your assets
- The types of coverages you need
- Your home’s location
- Your home’s features
- Your credit score and claims history
Is Home Insurance Required?
Home insurance is not legally required at a state or federal level. However, most mortgage lenders will require it to protect their investment. Even if you can afford to buy a home without a lender, it’s still a good idea to invest in home insurance to ensure your most valuable asset is protected from the unexpected.
Home Insurance Quote in Fort Worth, TX
If you need a homeowners insurance policy or what to reevaluate your current policy, we’re here to help. Contact Cornerstone Independent Insurance Agency LLC to get started or request a free quote.